Before submitting a request, make sure to review our Contributions Guidelines. Requests must fall within one of the four focus areas (Public Safety, Education, the Environment or Civic Engagement). The majority of funding requests generally take between six and eight weeks for review. Organizations are eligible to receive one grant per calendar year.
Community Grant Funding Cycle 1 Is Now Closed
Our next funding cycle opens 6/1/2014.
Edison International accepts online applications for our 2014 Community Grants Funding Cycles as scheduled below:
- Cycle 1* - March 1 - March 31 (Closed)
- Cycle 2* - June 1 - June 30
- Cycle 3* - September 1 - September 30
* Please be advised that the start and end times for the present and future Funding Cycles will be as follows: Start times will commence at 8 A.M. the first day of the funding cycle and close at 5 P.M. the final day of the funding cycle.
All requests require:
- Edison GIFTS online application (not available off cycle)
- IRS determination letter of 501(c)(3) status
- Project budget
Upon creating your Log In information, you will begin the application process with an Eligibility Quiz. Once completed, you will be directed to the application.
Year End Reporting Requirement
Year-end reports for current grant recipients must be submitted prior to applying for additional grant funding. Please visit Manage My Application/Grant to access the year-end report form. All current grantees are required to submit year-end reports prior to requesting additional funding.
*Edison International’s support of charitable causes is funded entirely by Edison International shareholders. The company’s community donations are part of its commitment as a leading corporate citizen. Southern California Edison (SCE) customers’ utility bill payments do not fund company donations.