The Edison Energy Group Privacy Notice was updated on November 22, 2016.
Protection of your information is important to Edison Energy Group and we want you to know how we collect, use, share, and store your information we receive as a result of our interactions with you, either through your computer or mobile device. We realize you expect us to appropriately use and protect your information from unauthorized access. Your use of our website will indicate your acceptance and consent to the terms in this Notice.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our Privacy Notice and feel free to contact us in the manner described in the below Contact Us section.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our website there are different types of information we may collect:
1. Aggregated Non-Personal Information.
We collect certain non-personal information automatically through use of technology as you navigate and use our website. “Non-Personal Information” means information that does not uniquely identify an individual or groups of individuals. This type of information includes IP address, browser type, device type, operating system, page views, referring URLs, destination URLs, dates and times of site visits, and other information collected primarily for statistical purposes. This Non-Personal Information is maintained by us in the aggregate, so we do not know the identity of any particular user or groups of users.
In order to improve your experience with our website, and regardless of your browser’s “Do Not Track” setting, we may collect information on:
- The number of users that use our website;
- The number of users that access our website via a mobile device;
- How users navigate through our website;
- Which Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are being used to access our website; and
- Which Internet browsers are being used to access our website.
2. Personal Information You Voluntarily Provide.
We define Personal Information as any information used alone or combined with other information that can uniquely identify, contact, or locate an individual or groups of individuals.
This includes a first name or initial and last name, home or other physical address, including street, city, email address, telephone number, and any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual; or information concerning a user that the website or online service collects and maintains in personally identifiable form in combination with an identifier previously described.
We do not automatically collect Personal Information through your access or use of our website unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
3. Information Collected by Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Technologies.
What is a Cookie?
A “cookie” is a small bit of record-keeping information websites often stored on a user's computer. Our cookies do not collect Personal Information and are typically used to quickly identify your computer or mobile device to “remember” you. You may disable cookies or set your Internet browser to alert you when cookies are being sent to your computer’s browser or mobile device; however, disabling cookies may affect your ability to use certain features on our website.
What Are Web Beacons, Action Tags, Pixel Tags and Clear GIFs?
- Interest-Based Communications - Our website pages may contain pixels allowing us to display interest-based communications on third-party websites and mobile applications, including social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Measuring Interactions - Emails, digital ads displayed on third-party websites, social media messages, and other electronic communications we send to you may contain pixel tags enabling us to track your usage of an electronic communication, including whether you opened the communication or followed a link in such communication (if any).
USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER PUBLIC FORUMS
- Information you post to a public forum, such as a blog, forum, chat room, or wiki, is available to all users accessing these sites. Any information you share is available to any user and may be read, collected, or used by other people for any purpose, including sending you unsolicited information.
- We are not responsible for any information you provide to other individuals or post on these websites. To protect your information from potential misuse, we recommend never sharing your Personal Information with anyone who you do not trust.
LINKED WEBSITES AND ONLINE WEB SERVICES
- Our website contains links to other websites, including social media sites, and icons to launch online web services. These websites may place a cookie on your computer, enabling that site to recognize users who may have visited our site. Your use of any third party site or web service may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the third party’s site or web service. We do not control those third party sites or web services, or their privacy practices, which may differ from our practices. We also do not endorse or make any representations about third party sites or web services.
- The Non-Personal and Personal Information you provide to share or is collected from you by such third parties is not covered by this Notice. We encourage you to review the privacy notices and settings on these third party sites and services with which you interact to understand how your information is collected, used, and shared by those third parties.
CALIFORNIA “DO NOT TRACK” DISCLOSURES
Most browsers are programed to accept cookies or other similar technology to collect Non-Personal Information. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, providing you the opportunity to accept or decline it. Declining a cookie, or similar technology, will not affect your ability to use our website. You may stop accepting cookies from a particular website, or by changing your browser’s settings, which are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu. You may also visit AboutCookies.org for instructions by browser type, regarding how to control cookie settings within your browser.
We do not collect Personal Information about your browsing habits over time and across third-party websites or online services. However, our website contains links and icons to other websites, including social media sites, and we do not control their collection or sharing of information about you. Refer to the above Linked Websites and Online Web Services section for more information.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Except as outlined above, we do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your prior written consent, except in the following circumstances:
- We are required by law, such as to comply with a warrant, subpoena, or similar legal process;
- We believe in good faith disclosure is necessary to law enforcement or the United States’ Government, to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to the request of a governmental agency;
- Ordered by state or federal governmental agencies with jurisdiction over us, when legally entitled to such information; or
- The third parties we contract with to provide company-related services such as recruiting job applicants, scholarship or award opportunities, signing up for certain news or events, or sending or responding to an email on our behalf. These contracted third parties do not use or disclose the information for any purpose not consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Email communication gives us another convenient method to communicate with the public, including responding to your inquiries. By sending us an email, we will consider your email as consent for us to reply to you via email.
We do not, however, control the information you provide to us from your email account. Email messages sent directly from your email account are not confidential and secure. We are not liable for any use, disclosure, or modification of such messages. As a result, please do not submit any Personal Information or other information that you deem to be confidential or sensitive via email.
We do not knowingly solicit any information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers your child provided us with information without your consent, you may contact us in the manner described in the Contact Us section. If you discover we collected any Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will immediately remove that information.
We share your concerns regarding the safeguarding of your Personal Information. Edison Energy Group complies with applicable privacy and security laws and generally-accepted information security standards to maintain reasonable safeguards assuring the security, integrity, and privacy of your Personal Information in our possession. The Personal Information provided to or collected by us through your use of our website is stored in secure operating environments not available to the public.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS IN THIS NOTICE
We may change the terms in this Notice. Any changes made to the Notice will be posted on our website as soon as reasonably possible. We recommend you periodically review this Notice to find out if any changes have been made since your last visit to our website. Any changes made to the Notice will be effective as of the date at the beginning of this Notice. Your use of our website will indicate your acceptance and consent to the terms in the Notice then in effect.
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
Edison Energy Group
Attention: General Counsel
601 West Fifth Street, Suite 1105
Los Angeles, CA 90071