Edison International Job Applicant Privacy Notice
The Job Applicant Privacy Notice was updated on November 14, 2016.
Edison International and its subsidiaries (“we,” “our,” or “us”) understand the importance of protecting job applicant information. This Job Applicant Privacy Notice applies to the information you provide to us for job openings posted on our Careers Job Site only (“our Site”). By using our Site you agree that you consent to how we collect, use, share, and protect the information you voluntarily provide to us and the choices you have about how we use and share your information when applying for job openings. Refer to the Edison International Website Privacy Notice for how we may collect and use your information when visiting Edison.com.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our Job Applicant Privacy Notice and feel free to contact us in the manner described in the below Contact Us section.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our site, we may ask for information that can identify you or be used with other information that may not specifically identify you, but when combined could make inferences about or identify you. We define Personal Information as any information used alone or combined with other information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate an individual or groups of individuals. Generally, this includes a first name or initial and last name, home or other physical address, including street, city, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual, or information concerning a user that the website or online service collects and maintains in personally identifiable form in combination with an identifier previously described.
Use of Personal Information. We will use the Personal Information you give us to (1) send you a confirmation e-mail if you register with our Site, (2) contact you if we need more information related to your application, Career Profile, or job search, (3) process a job application made by you, (4) respond to questions from you, (5) possibly contact you about jobs that may be of interest to you, or (6) update you about changes affecting our Site, our Services, or your User Account.
Our Site allows you to view and search for jobs without registering. However, to apply for a job, make your resume available for future job opportunities, or to set up a Job Search Agent, you must establish an online account providing your user name, password, and email address. When applying for a job you must provide the following Personal Information for your General Profile: your name, address, contact information, employment, and educational history. You may update your General Profile at any time.
Where permitted by applicable law, you may be given the opportunity to provide information on your gender, race, or ethnicity. We may gather this information from you for reporting and record-keeping requirements but we will only use this information in accordance with applicable law and will not use it in making any employment decisions. Providing this information is strictly voluntary, and you will not be subject to any adverse action or treatment if you choose not to provide it. Such information will be kept in a confidential file separate from your application for employment.
- Access, Correct, or Update Your Personal Information. You are responsible for maintaining and updating the information in your Career Profile to keep it current. You may access, correct, or update Personal Information that you have provided to our Site at any time by logging in to your Career Profile, subject to certain restrictions imposed by applicable law. Where required by applicable law, we will notify you if we cannot accommodate such requests to correct or update your information, and provide an explanation as to why we cannot do so.
- Careers Job Page Search Agent. When you use our Site, you may also create a "Search Agent" so that you can be automatically notified by us when jobs meeting your candidate profile have been posted. Notifications will be sent to the e-mail address listed in your candidate profile. We may use the information you provide to contact or notify you of available positions that meet your criteria, or as otherwise permitted by this Privacy Notice.
- Our Recruiters. Even if you do not complete a Search Agent, and even if you only apply for a single position through our Site, our recruiters (including both our employees and contracted recruiters for us) may contact you about other jobs for which you have not applied but that may be of interest to you based on information you provide about yourself through our Site.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information about your activities and use of our Services gathered in the manner described above to monitor user traffic patterns, and analyze user preferences so that we can improve our services, as well as potentially provide you with information about jobs that may be of interest to you.
Regardless of your browser’s “Do Not Track” setting, in order to improve your website experience, we may monitor how many users visit our Site, how many use mobile devices to access our Site, how users navigate through our Site, a user’s Internet Service Provider, and which Internet browser was used to access our Site.
The information you provide will be accessible to our contracted companies. We reserve the right to contact you regarding your User Account, changes to our Site or related terms, and any other matter that might affect you or our Services. We may combine the Personal Information from your User Account and Career Profile with other information that we otherwise obtain, including information you provide to us or authorize us to obtain, and information from contracted third parties (e.g. a skills testing agency). We use your User Account, Career Profile information, and resume to perform background verifications with third party vendors.
If you are offered and accept a position with us, some of the information you provide through our Site and Services will be transferred into our internal human resources and related systems for use during your employment. By using our Site and Services, you agree to such a transfer and use of your information.
- Use of Information for Investigatory, Legal, or Compliance Purposes. We may use all, or part of, the information described in this Job Applicant Privacy Notice for investigatory, legal, or compliance purposes.
- Limited Disclosure of Your Information. Except as set forth in this Job Applicant Privacy Notice or as you specifically agree or direct, we will not disclose to any non-contracted third parties any information we collect from or about you through our Services.
- Disclosure for Legal or Safety Reasons. We may need to release your information to third parties: (1) to respond to a request, inquiry, or complaint that you have made, (2) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order, (3) in the event of an emergency that threatens an individual's life, health or security, (4) in special cases in which we believe it is reasonably necessary to investigate, identify, or take preventive measures or bring legal action against someone who may commit or cause harm, fraud, abuse, or illegal conduct, (5) in the event of an emergency, or (6) if ordered by state and federal governmental agencies with jurisdiction over us, when legally entitled to such information.
- Disclosure to Operations and Maintenance Third Parties. We may contract with third parties to provide services for our Site or Services. These third parties include vendors and suppliers who provide technology, content, and other services, recruiters, vendors who analyze data collected on our Site, and vendors who send or respond to e-mail on our behalf (each, a "Third Party"). These Third Parties may have access to your Personal Information in order to provide services to us or on our behalf. As noted above, the information you provide will also be accessible to companies we contract with to assist with the Services such as recruitment. If we allow a Third Party to have access to your Personal Information, we will not authorize the Third Party to use or disclose the information for any purpose that is not consistent with this Privacy Notice. By using our Services, you consent to such use and disclosure of data as described herein, and as otherwise stated in this Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
- Disclosure to Subsequent Owner or Operator. If we assign our rights and obligations regarding any of your information at the time of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of our assets to a subsequent owner or operator of this Site and our Services, you will be deemed to have consented to the disclosure to, and use by, such subsequent owner or operator, of any information about you contained in our files and records. In the event of such a merger, acquisition, or sale, your continued use of the Site or any Services signifies your agreement to be bound by the Privacy Notice and other applicable terms of the subsequent owner or operator.
We encourage you to exercise good security practices by memorizing your e-mail address and password or keeping them in a safe place (separate from any Personal Information), and logging out of your online account and closing your Web browser before leaving your computer. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User Name and password. You may not share your password with anyone else, temporarily or permanently, and you will be responsible for all uses of your online account, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your online account.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will maintain copies of information about you, including Personal Information and information used to make a decision about you, for at least as long as required to fulfill the purposes set out in this Job Applicant Privacy Notice, as necessary for business purposes, and in accordance with applicable law, including United States’ federal, state, and local laws.
We share your concerns regarding the safeguarding of your Personal Information. Edison complies with applicable privacy and security laws and generally-accepted information security standards to maintain reasonable safeguards assuring the security, integrity, and privacy of your Personal Information in our possession. The Personal Information provided to or collected by us through your use of our website is stored in secure operating environments not available to the public.
Our Site was developed for job candidates to apply for employment opportunities with Edison International or its subsidiaries. We do not knowingly solicit any information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers that your child has provided us with information without your consent, you may contact us in the manner described below. If we discover that we have collected any Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will immediately remove that information.
This website is controlled and operated by us from the State of California, in the United States, and operation of this website is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any other states, country or territory. Your use of our website will indicate your acceptance and consent to the terms in this Notice.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS IN THIS NOTICE
If you have questions regarding this Job Applicant Privacy Notice, please contact Our Human Resources’ Department at (800) 500-4723, and choose Option 3 for the Employee Information Center. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific time, except Wednesdays when the Center closes at 2:30 p.m., and holidays or (800) 352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY).
Alternatively, you may write to us at:
Attention: Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer
Post Office Box 976
Rosemead, CA 91770